Portuguese workers are highly skilled thanks to an internationally recognised educational system and to the great capacity of Portuguese people to learn foreign languages.
Portuguese workers have a good command of the English language, being Portugal in the 18th World position out of 80 countries and 14th position within Europe (14/27) in the English Proficiency Index 2017.
- Has 94.5% adult literacy rate
- 8.2 is the average years of schooling
- 73.000 is the number of Portuguese students that completed a degree in 2015/2016
- There are 2 Top Portuguese management schools in the Financial Times’ Top 30 of the best in Europe: Catholic University in 38th position for its International MSc in Management and ranked Nova School of Business and Economics in the 17th position for International Masters in Management Programme
- 26.6% is the percentage of the population aged 25-34 that speaks at least one foreign language and 20.5% speaks two foreign languages.
All the economic data are being updated according to the official release.