What is Portugal IN
Why was Portugal In created?
The decision of the people of the United Kingdom to leave the European Union in the referendum of June 2016 created specific challenges which need to be addressed by the remaining member states in the EU. The government of Portugal has created a temporary task force called Portugal In to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in the wake of Brexit.
What is Portugal In?
- Working together with industry across the country to work on attracting FDI;
- Promoting and boosting unique selling points of Portugal and Europe and selling them as competitive elements to attract FDI;
- Identifying and monitoring FDI opportunities together with different government bodies already operating in Portugal in this field;
- Identifying the barriers and constraints that are facing key FDI projects in Portugal;
- Presenting to the Government the necessary legislation or procedures to overcome the identified constraints;
- Constructing integrated solutions in a “one stop shop” model for foreign investors who wish to remain in the EU after the Brexit.